Pages

03 May, 2011

The Lazy Blogger - An Apology

It’s not that too many people are regularly reading this, but still, I should have cracked my own whip a little more, and a little harder. I don’t mean to keep neglecting this blog, but on top of work and being a general bum, I never seem to find the time or motivation to blog.

So, what’s new? I finally got DJ Hero 2, and subsequently five starred everything on Expert within a week. That certainly killed some time over my half term break. I won’t be doing a full review for the game, but I will say that, for the most part, it’s a solid sequel that introduces interesting new mechanics which, mostly, work incredibly well and only serve to add to the overall experience. The online falls a little flat though, as do some of the mixes, but that was also true for the original.

I also bought Portal 2 for PC on Saturday, then started playing it on Sunday and subsequently finished it on Monday. Whilst a pretty short game, it manages to simultaneously feel much longer than the original effort. Also worth noting is the brilliant single player campaign, which is probably the best I’ve played in any game for a little while, if not definitely this year alone. The scripting for the game; and the delivery of lines, by names such as Ellen McLain (who voices the infamous rogue AI synonymous with the series – GLaDOS) and Stephen Merchant voicing the ever loveable and charming Wheatley are some of the funniest and most brilliant pieces of dialogue within a game, ever.  Maybe I’ll get around to doing a full review after I’ve beaten the co-op campaign, though that’s only if time permits, of course.

I’ll leave it here for now and try to stay more up to date with this whole blogging business.

SanityEdge

No comments:

Post a Comment