Pages

28 March, 2011

What WAS I Thinking?

Ever had one of those moments when you just thought? Wow, I can't believe I used to think that about... Just that moment of sudden realisation, about anything, can be a great feeling at times. For instance, I recently heard Nero's new(ish) track 'Guilt' recently for the first time.

Here's a point of reference for those that are clueless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl3kqfjxtm0

Initially, whilst loving a lot of the duo's other tracks, I felt this one fell flat... and not lightly either. I was completely underwhelmed by it. However, I've found that the track has grown immensely on me the more I've listened to it. It's at the point where feel like I needed to slap myself on the wrist for doubting a group I have very high expectations for. I'm highly anticipating their debut album due for release around August sometime this year.

It reminds me of a time when I initially panned all Dubstep as being inferior, without really giving it a fair chance to demonstrate what it was about, as a genre.Granted, there can be some awful examples, but that's the same with any genre. Any example of a genre that's not had thorough thought and time put into making it is always going to be awful, that's a given.

Lesson of the day? Don't be so intolerant of the unknown. The best thing to do is to really immerse yourself, and who knows, you may end up discovering you like something new. If not, you at least gave it a try, right?

Right.



SanityEdge

No comments:

Post a Comment